Official Contest Rules for Editate Inc.'s Prompt $20,000 Scholarship Essay Contest. Please read carefully.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS. NO PURCHASE REQUIRED TO ENTER OR RECEIVE A PRIZE. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
These Terms and Conditions apply to the Prompt $20,000 Scholarship Essay Contest ('Contest') conducted and promoted by Editate Inc. 110 E 25 St. New York, NY 10010 ('Sponsor'). By participating in Contest, as an entrant, referring party, or recommender, you agree to the Terms and Conditions stated herein. The term 'entrant' as used herein shall be used to refer to entrants in the Contest and/or referring parties. The term ‘recommender' as used herein shall be used to refer to individuals who recommend entrants as part of the Contest.
CONTEST ENTRANTS AND PRIZE RECIPIENTS MUST BE (A) AGED 16 YEARS OR OLDER AT THE TIME OF ENTRY TO BE ELIGIBLE, AND (B) CURRENTLY APPLYING FOR A DEGREE, DIPLOMA, OR CERTIFICATE SEEKING PROGRAM WITHIN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA OR CANADA. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. CONTEST SUBJECT TO ALL APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS. Officers, directors and employees of Sponsor and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and divisions are not eligible to enter the Contest or win a Prize.
1. TO ENTER: Submit an entry via web form on Contest information page during the Entry Period. Entrants will be required to provide their complete name and valid email address and other required fields as indicated. Limit one (1) entry per person during the Entry Period. Multiple or duplicate entries from the same individual will be disqualified. Use of automated entry or similar devices to participate or subvert the entry process is prohibited, and all entries through such devices are void. Incomplete, unreadable, inaccurate, unintelligible or late entries that otherwise do not comply with these Official Rules will be disqualified. Entries are the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Google. The entrant should be able to provide on request proof of eligibility. All entries must be received during the Entry Period to be eligible.
IMPORTANT NOTE: No entrant will be eligible to receive a Prize unless Sponsor determines, in its sole and absolute discretion that all requirements for eligibility and as otherwise set forth in these Terms and Conditions have been met.
2. TO RECOMMEND. Submit a Recommendation via web form on the Contest Recommendation page during the Entry Period. Recommenders will be required to provide their complete name and valid email address and other required fields as indicated. In order to fill out some or all required fields, a Recommender may authorize Sponsor to read their complete name and valid email address from a Facebook or Google account. Limit one (1) Recommendation for each entrant per person, per email address, per Google account, and per Facebook account during the Entry Period. Multiple or duplicate entries from the same individual will be disqualified. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant who Sponsor believes has received multiple Recommendations from the same individual. Determination of the acceptability of a Recommendation is at the sole discretion on of Sponsor. Sponsor may utilize technology to locate duplicate Recommendations. Use of automated entry or similar devices to participate or subvert the recommendation process is prohibited, and all recommendations through such devices are void, and may lead to the disqualification of the Entrant being recommended. Incomplete, unreadable, inaccurate, unintelligible or late recommendations that otherwise do not comply with these Official Rules will be disqualified. Recommendations are the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Google. The Recommender should be able to provide on request proof of eligibility. All Recommendations must be received during the Entry Period to be eligible.
3. USAGE RIGHTS FOR ENTRIES AND RECOMMENDATIONS: All Entries and Recommendations become the property of Sponsor and may not be acknowledged or returned. Entries and Recommendations must include a valid name and email and for the entrant. Each entrant and recommender hereby acknowledges and agrees that the relationship between the entrant and/or recommender, on the one hand, and Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporation(s), advertising and promotional agencies, contractual relationships with other entities, Facebook, Google, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees and agents ('Related Entities'), on the other hand, is not a confidential, fiduciary, or other special relationship, and that the entrant's and/or recommenders decision to enter Contest does not place Sponsor or the Related Entities in a position that is any different from the position held by members of the general public with regard to elements of the individual's entry.
Sponsor and the Related Entities are not responsible for any problems or technical, hardware, or software malfunctions of any telephone network or telephone lines, failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled or delayed electronic communications whether caused by the sender or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Contest, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email, Entry, or Recommendation to be received by Sponsor due to technical problems, human error or traffic congestion, unavailable network connections on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including, without limitation, any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Contest or downloading any materials in this Contest. By submitting an Entry, entrant agrees to abide by the Terms and Conditions of the Contest. By submitting a Recommendation, recommender agrees to abide by the Terms and Conditions of the Contest.
4. JUDGING CRITERIA: In Contest in which winning Entries are chosen by the Sponsor, Entries will be judged by a qualified panel of Sponsor-designated judges based on the following Judging Criteria: Originality, Creativity, Content, Structure, and Writing Skills. Entries may be modified by Entrants at any time before the end of January 15, 2017, but modifications following the conclusion of a Judgement Period will not be considered for judgement until the end of the next Judgement Period. Entries by all Entrants with seventy-five (75) Merit will be eligible for judging during each Judgement Period. The Judgement Periods are as follows: (1) before September 15, 2016 at 11:59 ET; (2) from September 16, 2016 to October 15, 2016 at 11:59 ET; (3) from October 16, 2016 to November 15, 2016 at 11:59 ET; (4) from November 16, 2016 to December 15, 2016 v; (5) from December 16, 2016 to January 15, 2017 at 11:59 ET. The fourteen (14) total Finalist Entrants chosen by the Sponsor will participate in a one-hour interview with the Sponsor that will be used in conjunction with the other criteria to determine the Grand Prize Winner. Additionally, the Sponsor-designated judges may consider Social Engagement (sharing and interacting through social media or other outlets) as a factor when selecting winning Entries. The Sponsor-designated Judges may also consider total Merit and any text submitted with Recommendations when selecting winning Entries. In the Contest, Sponsor decisions are final and binding.
5. SELECTION OF PRIZES: One Finalist will be chosen during each Judgement Period according to the process outlined in paragraph 4. Each of these Finalists will be announced within (1) month of the conclusion of the Judgement Period in which they were selected. In each of the first four (4) judgement periods, the Finalist will also be designated a Monthly Winner. At the conclusion of the final Judgement Period, ten (10) additional Grand Prize Finalists will be selected according to the procedure outlined in paragraph 4. These Grand Prize Finalists will be eligible for the Prizes set forth in paragraph 6 below. On or about April 1st, 2017, the Grand Prize Winner will be chosen according to the process outlined in paragraph 4.
6. PRIZES: See official contest page for details.
Prizes are not transferable and Prize substitution will not be allowed, except at the sole discretion of Sponsor, which reserves the right to substitute one or more Prizes of equal or greater value. Any difference between stated value and actual value will not be awarded. Each Winner is solely responsible for paying all applicable federal, state and local taxes, if any, and all other unspecified expenses associated with the acceptance and/or use of their Prize.
The Grand Prize $10,000 scholarship will be paid directly to the Grand Prize Winner's university of choice prior to the start of his or her enrollment. If the Grand Prize Winner is fully funded at his or her university by other means, then the $10,000 will be paid directly to the Grand Prize Winner to be used as he or she sees fit.
Each of the four (4) Monthly Winners will receive a single $2,000 Scholarship in addition to any other prizes awarded. The $2,000 scholarships will be paid directly to the Monthly Winners' universities of choice prior to the start of their enrollment. Any Monthly Winners that are fully funded at their university by other means will receive a $2,000 direct payment to be used as they see fit.
Sponsor will award up to $2,000 worth of additional prizes to Grand Prize Finalists at its sole discretion.
Contest winners who accumulate more than $600.00 in prizes over a one-year period will be issued an IRS form 1099 (or the equivalent). This will require Contest winners to provide the Sponsor with certain personal information prior to receipt of their winnings.
6. CLAIMING PRIZES/RELEASES: Eligibility, age, claims and proof of enrollment in a degree, diploma, or certificate seeking program are subject to verification. The Grand Prize Winner will be notified by telephone and/or email on or about April 1st, 2017 and sent via U.S. Mail and/or email an affidavit of eligibility and a liability and (where imposing such condition is legal) a publicity release, which Winners must sign as a condition to the award of any Prize. Grand Prize Finalists will be notified by the same means set forth for Grand Prize Winner by March 1st, 2017. Monthly Winners will be notified by the same means set forth for the Grand Prize Winner within one (1) month of the conclusion of the Judgement Period in which they won. In the event any Grand Prize Winner, Grand Prize Finalist, or Monthly Winner fails to acknowledge the award of the Grand Prize, Grand Prize Finalist, or Monthly Scholarship within five (5) days of being notified of such award, or fails to return the signed affidavits sent by Sponsor within five (5) days of receipt, the Grand Prize Winner, Grand Prize Finalist, or Monthly Winner will be disqualified, and alternate Winners will be selected through the same process described in paragraph 4 above. Sponsor is not obligated to leave voice mail, answering machine or other messages. Sponsor is not responsible for fraudulent calls or emails made to entrants not by the Sponsor. The Prizes will be awarded only if they are properly claimed. In the event of a dispute as to the identity or eligibility of a Winner based on an email address, the winning entry will be declared made by the 'Authorized Account Holder' of the email address at time of entry. An 'Authorized Account Holder' is defined as the natural person 16 years of age or older who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, education institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Sponsor may ask any entrant or potential Winner to provide Sponsor with proof that such party is the authorized account holder of the email account associated with the entry.
7. INTERNET: If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned due to an infection by a computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor or the Related Entities that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of Contest, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend Contest.
8. GENERAL: By participating in Contest, Entrants and Recommenders: (1) agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions; (2) agree to release Sponsor and the Related Entities from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, costs or expenses, including without limitation property damages, personal injury and/or death, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to participation in Contest or any Contest-related activity, or the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any Prize and claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery; and (3) consent to the use of their names, voices, pictures, and likenesses for advertising purposes in any medium throughout the world, whether now known or hereafter devised, in perpetuity without additional compensation or right of review unless prohibited by law, (4) consent to the use of their entry responses for promotional purposes in any medium throughout the world, whether now known or hereafter devised, in perpetuity without additional compensation or right of review unless prohibited by law, (5) agree that Sponsor owns all data and responses collected through this Contest and (6) Sponsor may discontinue Contest at any time. Sponsor may terminate any Contest or decide to modify it in any manner that it deems fair and equitable to participants if it becomes aware of any occurrence that would materially affect the Contest' security and fairness. Sponsor may prohibit individuals from participating in the Contest and disqualify entries if they (1) attempt to apply for the Contest through any means other than as described in these Terms and Conditions, (2) attempt to disrupt Contest or circumvent the Terms and Conditions in any way or (3) violate these Terms and Conditions. All of Sponsor's decisions with respect to Contest are final.
9. LIABILITY & RELEASE: By participating in Contest, entrants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor and the Related Entities from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in Contest or receipt or use of any Prize hereunder, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in Contest; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) errors in the administration of Contest or the processing of entries; or (e) injury or death to a person(s) or damage to property which may result, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in Contest or entrant's receipt, acceptance, use and/or enjoyment of any Prize. In no event shall Sponsor or the Related Entities be liable for attorney's fees. Each entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages. Sponsor and the Related Entities reserve the right to correct typographic, clerical or printing errors in any Contest materials. Sponsor and the Related Entities are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of Contest, the administration of Contest or in the announcement of the Winners, including such error as may give an erroneous indication that a Prize has been won. In the event the Sponsor or the Related Entities are prevented from continuing with Contest, or the integrity and/or feasibility of Contest is undermined by any event including but not limited to fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute, or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, war (declared or undeclared), terrorist threat or activity, or any federal, state, or local government law, order of regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within the Sponsor's or the Related Entities' control (each a 'Force Majeure' event) the Sponsor and the Related Entities shall have the right, in their sole discretion, to abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel or terminate the Contest without notice or further obligation. If the Sponsor or the Related Entities, in their discretion, elect to abbreviate, cancel or terminate the Contest as a result of a Force Majeure event, the Sponsor and the Related Entities reserve the right, but shall have no obligation, to award the Prizes from among all valid and eligible entries received up to the time of such Force Majeure event.
10. USE OF INFORMATION: The information provided in connection with Contest is being disclosed solely to Sponsor and the Related Entities, excluding Facebook, and Google, and may be used for Sponsor's and Related Entities' internal, promotional, and advertising purposes and to send entrants information about Sponsor's and Related Entities' products. The submission of an entry constitutes permission to post each Winner's name on Sponsor's website and to use such Winners' names, hometowns and/or likenesses for purposes of advertising without further compensation or right of review unless prohibited by law. Clear avenues will be made available for entrants to unsubscribe from all further communication if desired.
11. Questions/Names of Winners: To ask questions about Contest, or to request the names and hometowns of the Prize Winners, write to Editate Inc. at firstname.lastname@example.org or 110 E 25 St. New York, NY 10010.
12. Definitions. Noted here unless otherwise defined earlier within the Official Rules.
Entry. Submission by the entrant to the Contest including an essay, name, email, and other information requested on the Contest forms.
Entry Period. Shall run from August 11th, 2016 until 11:59 PM ET on January 15th, 2017.
Finalist. A Grand Prize Finalist.
Grand Prize. The $10,000 Scholarship.
Grand Prize Winner. The recipient of the Grand Prize as determined by the Sponsor-designated judges.
Grand Prize Finalist. Entrant chosen to receive a Grand Prize Finalist Scholarship at the end of each Judgement Period as determined by the Sponsor-designated judges.
Judgement Period. One of five (5) periods from which a Grand Prize Finalist will be chosen, spanning a time period outlined in paragraph 4.
Merit. Points awarded to Applicants at the sole discretion of Sponsor for completing tasks set forth by Sponsor. Tasks must not cost money to complete.
Monthly Scholarship. One of four $2,000 Scholarships.
Monthly Scholarship Winner. Recipient of a Monthly Scholarship.
Recommendation. Submission by the recommender to the Contest of an affidavit, "I attest that <name of applicant> is an upstanding individual worthy of the Prompt $10,000 Scholarship," name, email, and other information requests on the Contest forms.
Winners. All recipients of Prizes as determined by the Sponsor-designated judges.
Who wants to win some money? What would you do with $700? Are you the next George R. R. Martin or J. K. Rowling? Put your writing skills to the test and you could win big!
ConfidentWriters.com is calling all students to show their literary genius, get published and win big! Your opportunity to win a cash scholarship is here, ready and waiting for you. Have no fear, put away your doubts because you don’t have to be an advanced writer to qualify. Grab your computer and let your imagination run wild onto those pages. This is your chance to make your creativity and imagination get the best of you. Still in doubt? Have some question for us? Check below for some answers.
Scholarship Essay Details and Frequently Asked Questions
When is the deadline for scholarship essay submission?
- All scholarship essays must be sent by March 18, 2018
- No entries will be accepted after this date.
Where or how can I submit my completed scholarship essay?
- All scholarship essay submissions must be sent via email to email@example.com as a Microsoft Word attachment. Any essay sent in the body of the email will automatically be disqualified.
- Submit the following information at the top of your essay: your full name and your email address. Scholarship essays that do not have this information at the top will not be accepted.
Is there a word limit for the scholarship essay?
Essays should be between 500 – 700 words in length.
Who are the reviewers for the scholarship essay contest?
An experienced group of English teachers and editors will review and judge the essay submissions. Prior to submission for review, your name will be redacted to allow them to review the scholarship essay anonymously, thus ensuring an impartial and just review for all entries.
How many winners will be chosen for the scholarship essay writing contest and what are the prizes for each winner?
The judges will score and rank the top three winners, who will then be awarded as follows:
- First prize – $700 scholarship
- Second prize – $500 scholarship
- Third prize – $300 scholarship
How and when will the winners of the scholarship essay contest be announced?
- ConfidentWriters Scholarship Contest representative will notify the top three winners via email by March 27, 2018.
- A congratulatory message with the names of these winners will also be published on ConfidentWriters website and its corresponding social media channels.
ConfidentWriters Scholarship Essay Contest Guidelines
Are you excited yet? The fun is about to start. Here we have a list of tantalizing topics for you to review. Choose your favourite and make sure you include the topic number along with your name and email address at the top of your essay. For example, make sure you submit in the below format:
Name: John Doe
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you drowning in anticipation as yet? Do you want to hear what the topics are? Here they are:
TOPIC 1: Key leadership skills for career success
Explain what good leadership skills are and how they contribute to a successful career. You may also include which leadership skills aren’t good and how they may hinder career advancement.
TOPIC 2: How digital technology is changing classroom environment
Explain how digital technology is used in the classroom and the positive and negative impact it has.
TOPIC 3: The value of social media for education
Explain how social media is used for education, the positive and negative impact it has and how you believe the negative aspect(s) can be either solved or minimized.
TOPIC 4: Advantages and disadvantages of online learning
Explain what online learning is, the ways in which it can be done and the advantages and disadvantages.
TOPIC 5: How and why teachers should motivate students
Explain why teachers need to motivate students, strategies they can use to motivate them and the possible impact or end result of their motivation.
All submissions are winners as it takes courage and great talent to write these essays. Regardless of the end result, all our writers are commended for their effort. So, we encourage you to be fearless and have fun with your scholarship essay. Good luck to you all!